....but i'm not

Thursday, April 14, 2011

caution: you and the moving walkway are about to end

What is it about the moving walkway in airports that makes people act like they've never used those two long stick-like things protruding from their pelvis?

The name of this contraption alone suggests that on it one may want to, oh I don't know, walk and/or move. There's a reason its not called the "no really, you go ahead and relax those gams while I do all the work walkway."

I mean come on, some of us have to build two hours of travel time into our schedule to bank on the fact that we'll mistakenly end up at the end of Concourse B when our gate was all the way back at A3.

But I suppose my frustration isn't only with the moose-like creatures who stand there completely oblivious to everything that's going on around them. It's relatively easy to dodge those guys as they tend to be solitary travelers. But throw into the mix those weasels who could turn moving walkway-ing into an olympic sport (but think women's figure skating intense) and you're done.

Might as well make some theatrical gesture and throw yourself over the side railing. Trust me, I've seen it happen and even after a near spinal fracture, that guy STILL got to his gate faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment